Thursday, September 3, 2009

Welcome to our blog!

Hello and welcome to the Campbell Family's blog. We have all kinds of things to share, and as soon as I work out the kinks, I will have it all posted. For now, perhaps a little background. Dan, my wonderful husband, works at a power plant and does quality control. He's also in the Army National Guard as a combat medic. And he's a volunteer firefighter/first responder. Busy busy man! Yet he still has time for his family. What a great guy! We love him soooo much!

We have three lovely girls, 12, 10, and almost 2. They are growing so fast. I am very proud of all my girls. Tina and Josie are so amazing; from volleyball, to dance, to awesome grades! They are beautiful young ladies, and their little sister Lizzie is proving to be just the same!

I have found my calling at Keeper of the Wild, taking care of various wildlife so they can survive when we release them back into the wild. I have learned so much about caring for animals, and built an even greater respect for Mother Nature and her children. I have also found a group of wonderful Native American people, who have helped me to learn about my heritage and have given me the wonderful opportunity to teach it all to Lizzie. Keepers of the Word is an inter tribal outreach for the state of SC. We learn crafts, songs, music, and so much more. We've been able to travel and discover more history and native ways than I've ever dreamed possible. It's really helped me spiritually, and to be able to pass it on to Lizzie has been the best gift!

Mom also lives with us. It's been great having her so close! She's about ready to retire from JC Penney's and has offered to keep the baby while I go find a job. :-) With Danny gone for 13 hours a day, or off with the Army, it's been a godsend to have her here to keep me company. She's doing fine and likes it here. Sick of her job, but it's understandable. Just a few more months and she'll be able to do what she wants, when she wants. Maybe her blood pressure will go down after that. :-)

Anyway, that's a small intro into our lives. I will post more when I can. Take care and here's hoping you all are healthy and happy! Dodadagohvi! (Til next we meet)

No comments:

Post a Comment