Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Mini-Update

Happy Labor Day!

This will be a short update. We are expecting new laptops in a few weeks, and I will add photos then. I can hardly wait for it to get here!

Our holiday weekend was pretty busy. Saturday we went up to my Uncle's lake property and showed the girls where we will be living in about 10 years (hopefully). They fell in love with the place. We have a long road ahead of us, but it was so nice to be in the middle of nowhere, with no traffic or city-life racket.

Sunday we went to the beach to visit my Aunt, Uncle, and cousin. Lizzie got to see the ocean for a few minutes before it started raining. She was ooh-ing and ahh-ing at the waves. "look! ocean ocean!" I love seeing things through her eyes!

Monday was very quiet. It was nice not to do anything. Although I have adopted a baby squirrel, Rocky. I wouldn't have named him that, because all our squirrels get that name it seems lol. But that's the name he came with so he keeps it. Lizzie just fell in love with him. It's so cute to hear her calling to Rocky, and asking how he's doing. She's so gentle. Just uses one little finger to pet his head. She won't hold him, which I think is a good thing. He won't hurt her, but her hugs can be a little suffocating. :-) I think he might be about a month old, give or take a week. It's nice to have a squirrel in the house again, though. After my last four, it's gotten quiet without all the squeaking lol.

Next Monday, I'm going to have my thyroid checked. After speaking with a few friends who have had similar problems, I think I may need to check it out. I'll let you all know how things are once I get results. Tina gets her braces today! We are all very excited for her. She's going to have USC colors (burgundy and black) on as well. I'll see them at her volleyball game Thursday.

Okay this was supposed to be short. And since Lizzie's yelling at me to feed her, I reckon I'll go for now. I'll post pictures once I get my new laptop set up. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment